On Monday afternoon I took Grace and Olivia to Wheeler Farm to feed the ducks. We got out of the car and started walking toward the pond, where we usually feed the ducks. We noticed a large gathering of ducks and geese on the lawn and decided to go check them out. Well...they decided to check us out first! They came waddling as fast as their webbed feet could take them. We decided to open our package of bread, big mistake! They must not have been fed for a few days at least! They were trying to take it right out of our hands. Poor Gracie got a duck bite and was freaking out. The geese were taller than Olivia, so I had to pick her up and we just started booking it for the pond. We found some
solice in a bench. We climbed on top of it (where they couldn't snatch the bread out of our hands) and began feeding them again. It was an experience that I'm sure won't soon be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment