Monday, May 19, 2008

I'm Exhausted!

I'm not use to this being gone every day stuff! It all started Thursday when I attended PTA Convention at BYU. I had to shuffle kids around, make sure chores were done beforehand, etc. Repeat Friday. By the way, I saw Mahina's mom there! Then in the schedule I noticed she was on the board for the Emerging Minority Leadership Convention...cool! Anyway, Saturday was temple day, a baptism, and a family get together. I did manage to get a couple of loads of laundry done (not folded or put away). Sunday was church, baby visit with RS Presidency, Visiting Teaching, and I had planned to go to a fireside. Olivia had other plans for me. We ended up in the after hours clinic because she may have a UTI (no experience with this). Trying to get a 2 year old in diapers to pee in a cup was fun. Then waiting in the only pharmacy that's open on a Sunday evening was even more fun. Today I subbed for Ryker's class (again). Last Monday was horrible, but today wasn't too bad. It didn't hurt that they were practicing for their program(which is Thursday) for about 2 1/2 hours and they were in math for an 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Whew, there's my big vent! I'm hoping I can get back to my normal everyday busy schedule. Tomorrow is Grace's last day of preschool and they are going to the park. It should be fun. This weekend is Memorial Day, and we are planning on getting away and relaxing for a little bit. Thursday is my birthday and I'm hoping we get to go out. I want to see Indiana Jones (since it's coming out that day) Of course, I also want to see the Prince Caspian movie, which we were suppose to see on Friday but I was too wiped out.

Tomorrow is the last PTA meeting for this year. Then, gulp, I'm in charge. PTA convention was a wealth of information. I've got a pile a foot high of papers for all of the different commissions. I've also got to get together with the treasurer and transfer names on the account and get a budget together. I found a great deal at Seagull Book on little thought books for teachers, so I have at least one gift for teacher's appreciation day next year, and I saved over $200.00! A million thoughts are going through my mind about next year's programs. I'm actually pretty excited, but I need to pace myself so that I don't get burned out. I really need to delegate. I'm learning that through my church calling, too. I've learned that it's much easier when I let others be in charge of things, too. Even though they might not do it the way I would. Sometimes I can be a control freak, one of my weaknesses.

I've got to get planning on what I'm doing for the next Provident Living class. It's on Rice and Pasta. I will post a recipe that we will demo. Again...if anyone wants a Recipe Book, let me know by June 3rd. I will bring it to the Jones get together on June 7th if anyone wants to see it in person. They can always be ordered, but I'm making my big order around the 4th of June. Our RS President just informed me yesterday that I have 10 minutes to speak on Provident Living on the next 5th Sunday. Let me tell you...I'm thrilled...not! It shouldn't be too hard, but I'm not a good speaker!

2 comments:

{Brittany} said...

Okay, I'm exhausted just reading that! I thought life was exhausting with a newborn, but I think you've got me beat. I didn't realize that we had the same birthday. My birthday is also May 22nd. How fun! Happy Birthday on Thursday. TRY to enjoy. Maybe fit a nap in!!

The Jones' said...

GO PTA!! lol. I hear you are the president at your school.So fun! My mom is the president at Glendale middle, even though she doesn't have kids there.I do have to say it is a lot of work at times. Hope you had a great birthday!!