Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Festivities

Christmas was nice this year. Santa was good to us, and we got to spend the entire day lounging around at home, it was great!

Usually Christmas day is a very busy one. We usually wake up early (around 6 or so) so that we can open our gifts before we head to the Straup get together. This year was different, Straups got together last Sunday and it was heaven! My brothers and sisters get together with my Mom on Christmas night at her place, which is always nice. Almost every year my Mom works on Christmas. She is very dedicated to the elderly (whom she works with), so we always get together at night.

Our Christmas Eve was nice, too. My sister had to work, so her girls came over and we played Bingo with them (a tradition for the kids). They get prizes, so they LOVE it. We also had a nice ham and roast beef dinner. We wrapped it up early in the evening (around 8) and the kids were actually ready for bed by 9! Usually Christmas Eve everyone's up late (especially Santa) and we are dying the next day. Not this year, yeah!

Christmas PJ's

The kids were spoiled, as usual. Grandma J got the family a wii, so we spent most of the day playing it. It cushioned the blow of Ryker not getting his Nintendo DS. I told Santa not this year. I just can't justify it. Luckily, all the kids got quite a bit of clothes. It's amazing how they go through them. School started only 4 months ago and Ryker has holes or near holes in almost all of his pants. Not to mention they were starting to look like floods. We have to get him slim pants with the adjustable waist. The kid is so darn skinny! Baby dolls and animals were given to the girl's delight. The family also got a fish tank, the kids have been begging for one for the past few months. They had a good Christmas, and I hope they know it's not all about what they get. It's hard when you're a kid.

Just after Santa came

Christmas morning.

Now we are headed to the cabin in Island Park for a week of rest and relaxation...and snowmobiling! I'm all for the rest and relaxation part. Although I'm sure I'll get in a little riding time, too. I just wish it didn't take 5 hours to get there.

Thanks to you all for making 2008 great! Happy New Year from our family to yours!

5 comments:

The Bears said...

Such cute Christmas PJ's!

Taylor Family said...

I love it. I am glad that the kids had a good Christmas. I hope that you all have fun up at the cabin. We will have to get together sometime. I know its really hard now. But maybe some weekend we can come up and go do something. Thanks for everthing. C

Candice said...

I am totally coveting your Island Park excursion!

Andrew read me highlights of this post before I saw it, and we both thought that every grandma should give wii-s.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

PS Next time you play Bingo, let me know. I love prizes too.;)

Annette said...

Sounds like you had a great Christmas, hope you have fun in Island Park.

Meg B said...

Sounds like yall had a very Merry Christmas. How was Island Park? I'm guessing there was even MORE snow there than here- and man it has snowed a lot. It was fun all of us getting together- we will have to plan another night out soon!