Sunday, August 17, 2008

Last Day at our Church Building

Today was the last day at church in our building for at least 6 months. They are putting a new roof on it, so we get to attend a church on 2700 south and Main in the meantime, and dreadfully, we are going to be on the 1:00 to 4:00 schedule. This was also the last day Doug can attend sacrament meeting with us. If you didn't know, Doug has been called to the High Council in our stake and is assigned to the Lee Ward, which also has to go to another building for 6 months and they are going to be meeting at 1:00. They are meeting in a building in Taylorsville. So...I am a bit nervous how this is going to go. Olivia is already so tired by the time Sacrament meeting starts. Maybe if I wake her up early on Sundays and give her an early nap? I already warned the rest of the RS Presidency that I'm counting on them to help with the kids, not that my kids let other people help them, ha.ha. I just keep saying to myself, "that which does not kill us makes us stronger."

Our ward was also split recently, so there are vacancies all over the place in our ward. Primary had one teacher, I think. It's a little messy right now. There's no Elder's quorum presidency. RS suffered the least, we lost our secretary, enrichment leader, music leader, and a teacher. Hopefully they will call people next week, since they didn't today.

Anyway...Doug is over the baptisms, ward mission leaders, and our stake property brighton meadows. So he is keeping really busy already. He's doing a great job, I'm really proud of him.

No comments: