Oh man, at this very moment it seems as though summer has flown by. I have been scrambling to get PTA stuff organized the past couple of weeks. I attended the first faculty meeting and introduced myself and a few board members. We have had our first board meeting and assembled all of the back to school folders for the students (550 of them). We have back to school night outlined. I am really nervous about conducting the general meeting at back to school night. I'm afraid I'm going to have to write out everything I need to remember to say, because at this point, my brain is fried....and the school year has just begun! Everybody is very supportive and I'm going to rely on them a lot! Like I was telling last year's president, I just have to relax and not stress about things. If things don't happen, they don't happen, but I will try my best and delegate as much as possible. I think the kids are physically ready for school. Grace is mentally ready, but not Ryker. I hope he has a smooth transition into 2nd grade. We are suppose to find out who his teacher is today, and I hope she's good. I think all the teachers at Roosevelt are pretty good, but there are always some that are better. Grace found out she has Mrs. W., and she's very excited to meet her. I have little experience with her, but know that she'll be good with Grace. Olivia keeps saying that she wants to go to school, the poor thing. She can't start preschool until next year. But, she will be at the school a lot this year.
Update: Ryker's teacher is Mrs. Jeffries. I was kind of hoping for Mrs. Beverly (just because she's the only one I really knew). Oh well...we'll make it good!
Steele's Music Tastes
4 months ago


3 comments:
Good luck! You are amazing. I don't know how you do it. I'm just on the PTA Board and I'm already going crazy. It's so much work. I'm sure you'll be great!
Thanks. What is your commission? Just one reason I can't participate in your challenge, ha.ha. You are the one that is amazing.
I hear ya... What were we thinking? I still think we should get together, when life slows down!?!?!
Post a Comment