It's been a busy week. This is the week I subbed 3 mornings for a teacher study group, so Monday, Tuesday and Thursday morning I was at school from 9:00 to 12:30, grades 1 through 6. Some classes weren't too bad, and others were. Overall it was OK, but it wiped me out. I think I stress about it too much, but I am getting a little more at ease as a substitute.
Monday and Tuesday nights were SEP's and as PTA President, I set up the PTA table and manned it Monday night and part of Tuesday. We had to have a general meeting to approve our bylaws and our nominating committee. Glad that's over. Now onto eye screening and Meet the Candidates Night (two of them) and Red Ribbon Week.
Doug's been a sport and took over Monday night. He took Ryker to football practice Tuesday night, along with all the other kids.
We finally got a new Enrichment leader, yeah! Last night we had a kind of emergency enrichment meeting so we could plan Super Saturday. It works out that we are doing it the first weekend in November. There were some great ideas and I'm getting excited about it. For once, I don't have to be totally in charge, I am so happy! I am in charge of one project and it's an easy one. Our Enrichment leader is totally psyched about the calling and has all these great ideas and is full of energy, thank heaven! Because I'm pretty burned out. I know she will renew my energy.
Our Super Saturday Ideas: (prices may not be totally accurate)
1. glass etching on glass plates or casserole dish, or whatever (I'm in charge of this one). Cost is $2.50
2. little blocks with vinyl letters that you can spell numerous things with. Cost $3.50
3. notebook purse. The notebook is cut into the shape of a purse, you cover with scrapbook paper and string ribbon for the handles and embelish with flower and button. Cost $2.50
4. CD scrapbook. A cute little folded scrapbook that fits in a CD case. Cost $3.00
5. A colored magnet board on wood with vinyl lettering that says something like...My Greatest Blessing...FAMILY. Cost $15.00
6. Meatball demo. Then we are having lunch with sweet and sour and bbq meatballs with either rice or rolls.
Steele's Music Tastes
4 months ago


1 comment:
I am super crazy pumped about Super Saturday! Your committee is doing amazing. This will be my first traditional Super Saturday.
I am so impressed with you and your work on the PTA. Good for you, for serving your community. Palin has nothing on you, my friend.
Plus, you have been tagged:). I love all that you do. I am excited to get to know you better.
PS thank you for calling me before tending. I am in the process of getting a calendar, and days kind of run together for me:)
Post a Comment