Every year our family goes to the state fair on "family day." This is the day that kids get in free and ride wristbands are buy one get one free. It still cost about $150.00 for us all to go, get the wristbands, dinner and a treat. Crazy, I know. That does include our 3 neices that I watch, and Doug and I did not get wristbands this year.
We have a great time and so do the kids. It's one of those traditions that we feel like we must do. We love looking at the animals, smelling the smells (of the fair food, that is), and riding all of those fun rides.
Doug and I usually go on our date night by ourselves to the fair to look at the art exhibits and look at the booths, etc. . It's nice just going as adults, not having to hear the arguing about what ride to go on next, the complaints of hunger, and all the other things that come with taking kids.
Grace by a sleeping calf...awwwww!
Ryker taking Olivia down the slide
Grace, Libi and Brianna waiting in line for the fair's version of the Music Express
Olivia patiently waiting for the big kids to get off the ride. I think she was showing me a scary face.
Ryker and Grace on the dragon coaster


4 comments:
It looks like you guys had fun too! I love the fair.
Sarah, Looks like you has a good time at the fair? Does Ryker have a new Primary teacher yet? Tell him I miss him.
Judy
We haven't taken our kids yet, but soon, hopefully! I am glad that you are able to find in the middle of all the craziness to have fun with your family. That means there is hope for me, right?!?!
Judy- I'm not sure who is teacher is. I know that they've called new teachers, but I've had to be to church early the past couple of weeks and haven't seen who his teacher is. That's one thing I always appreciated about you - you were there early so parents could be on time! You were a great primary teacher and did so many things for the kids, I really appreciated it!
Post a Comment