Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Better late than never...

Happy Birthday Douglas! Is it impolite to divulge the age? Anyway, he's old! Ha.ha.ha. I was waiting for our friends to send us this picture (see below) before I posted. I am really bad at taking pictures if they are not of the kids. I need to get better at that.


Doug's birthday was Sept. 27th, a Saturday and a busy one at that. We woke up and had to do the usual things. Grace had dance, Ryker had a football game. Doug's parents decided to come down from Blackfoot to watch Ryker's game and celebrate Doug's birthday with him. It was very nice. Side note - Ryker's game wasn't too hot, we blame it on the coach, or lack thereof (a different story for another time). As always, he had fun and tried his best to get flags. This day happened to be picture day, too. After that we decided to go to a late lunch with everyone and did a little bit of shopping. While we were shopping Doug's friend Cody called and asked if we wanted to go to a Ute's game. We've only been to one Ute football game and it sounded more fun than just going to dinner, so we accepted! Thanks Cody and Megan! Luckily our neighbors Carrie and Robbie graciously offered to watch the kids, they are the best!
So we hurried home, said goodbye to Doug's parents and got dressed in our red. They played Weber State this night and it was Homecoming. There were lots of famous people there, like the dancing Mom, the wigged diaper wearing guy, and my cousins Josh and Jen who are alumni and played in the marching band. They performed on the field at half time for Homecoming. I felt a little weird cheering for the Ute's since I did attend Weber State, but all's good. I am much more of a Ute's fan than a Weber State fan. We had a good time and got our traditional kettle corn, yum! It was a good day.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

HAppy birthday Doug! I love Olivia's little run-in with the baby powder. She is so cute! Go Utes and Weber State (That's my alma mater).

Andi said...

Happy Birthday Doug!! I guess I should say...happy belated birthday since it is almost the middle of October now!

Nelson News said...

Happy Birthday! We had a similar incident to Olivia's just with diaper cream instead!! At least you can laugh, right??

Niki and Jess said...

Happy birthday Doug! It is Niki your old MX buddy! I found your blog through Cody and Megans. Just thought I'd say hello. I am glad you are all doing well. Boy those kids have grown up!!!