Monday, October 27, 2008

Family Pictures and Saying Goodbye

A couple of weekends ago we went to Idaho to get Jensen family pictures done. We've never ever done it before, but Doug's Mom wanted pictures before Dusty left for his misssion. We went up on a cold, snowy day, hoping that the weather would clear before we had to take pictures. Unfortunately it did not. So...we improvised and did shots inside Doug's parent's great room. We did get a couple of shots outside (hope the pics don't show our teeth chattering). Click here to see the pics. There were a few nice shots on the photographer's website, I haven't been able to see all the pics, yet.

Anyway, it was a nice weekend spent with the family. We did our pictures, went to dinner, and then had Dusty's Eagle Scout presentation at the house, as well as having a mini Halloween celebration. It was great spending time with Dusty before he left for the MTC. Olivia really took a shine to him over this last weekend with him, too. I can't believe that she'll be almost 5 by the time he returns. It was a great positive last weekend with Dusty before committing two years of his life to the Lord. We are very proud of him, but will miss him terribly. It just seems weird that he's 19. I came into the family when he was 3 and I still remember that sweet little boy and his must have Capri Sun's. He has grown up into a handsome, responsible, respectable adult. Saying goodbye was weird, but it helps knowing he's doing a great thing. We will be thinking of him and praying for him, as well as writing and sending him goodies.

His Mom and Dad stopped by our house after dropping him off at the MTC. I've never experienced the sad side of a mission. That of parents that are going to miss their son/daughter so terrribly, letting go for the first time after 19 years to hardly any contact at all. Practically ripping their hearts out. I never realized the difficulty of it before and I'm not looking forward to that part with Ryker. But I am hoping to experience it, because I know it's the right thing to do, I am hoping Ryker feels that way, too. Ryker looks up to Dusty and I'm glad he has such a good example to follow.

3 comments:

Judy Andreason said...

Sarah,
Those are really nice pictures. Yes, it really is hard leaving your son/daughter off at the MTC. YOu know they are doing the Lords work, so that makes it a little easier.
Judy

The Bears said...

Great pics and I promise to let you know if I find a good hair person that's affordable. Let me know if you find one first.

Candice said...

The girl's picture is so gorgeous. You are one good looking family.

I feel so bad, I thought that I was linked to your website, so I just waited for it to be updated (I know because it moves to the top of my bloglist). I had cleaned out some links that I were never updated or I was not that close to awhile ago. I must have accidentally slipped and lost the Jenson Jive.

Anyway, what is lost is found again. I have loved your halloween posts. I am covetous of the grapes.