We went to a Jones family Christmas party, as we had every other year. We always have a good time, eating dinner, getting a visit from Santa, and enjoying each other's conversation and company. 3 years ago, Grandma Jones went home from our gathering, happy and content. That night she suffered from a massive stroke and the next day passed away. It was a difficult time for the family, but we were so happy her last moments were with her family, enjoying the holiday season.
She was a loving, kind person who always welcomed everyone with open arms. She almost always had a smile on her face...I can picture it now. She was an amazing person with many accomplishments. She loved life, the gospel and loved her family.
We still gather as a family every December and yesterday we had a great time. For the first time that I can remember, we had it in Salt Lake. Usually it's either in Logan or Blackfoot. We gathered at the JoyLuck restaurant and had a great meal (LOVED the walnut shrimp!) We exchanged make-n-takes (or buy-n-brings), had a visit with Santa and enjoyed each others company. It was great!
Grace and Ryker sat on Santa's lap with no problems. Olivia freaked out when he came in the room! It was so sweet...Grace told me she was going to write a note to Santa telling him thank you and that she was going to make him a bracelet with the kit she received (from him). Sometimes the words that come out of her mouth can melt my heart :)


4 comments:
It was a fun party!!! Maybe next year I will join in on the make-it and take-its. Everyone brought such cute stuff. You are fast at blogging. I might get my posts up in a few days about the christmas party!!
YAY! for having the party in SLC. We should totally do that more often I think! :) Way to go at posting, I have to talk myself into that most of the time...
I love big family Christmas parties. Mine is so spread out, it doesn't happen to often.
I know jealousy is not good - but I am jealous of anyone who was able to spend time with their grandparents. The only grandma I knew died when I was seven and both of my grandpas died before I was born. I am looking forwared to getting to know them in Eternity. I too love big family gatherings. Yes, you are fortunate to have known what sounds like a great lady.
Post a Comment