The last day of school at Roosevelt consists of the awards assembly and getting autographs from fellow classmates, along with cleaning up the classrooms.
This year both Ryker and Grace got citizenship awards. They also both received their tiger challenge awards on a previous night during an awards ceremony of types.
Grace with Mrs. W, a great kindergarted teacher!
Ryker with Mrs. Jeffries. This was her last year of teaching and is now retired.
After the school gave out awards, I got up as PTA President and give out flowers and cards for teachers that were leaving and thank you's for our PTA Board this year. It was great being able to recognize the ladies that have helped me so much during the year. I am truly grateful for a great bunch of ladies that do so much for the school. I can never express my gratitude enough. I am glad to be handing over the title of President to someone else next year, but am looking forward to doing a new job - Individual Development!


4 comments:
You are so awesome to be involved like you are. I am positive that the school is better with you there.
That scout camp looks awesome too. What happened to Ryker's eye? Maybe it is fine. In the first picture it looks a little bruised. I have always wanted a black eye for some reason. It has a rugged and daring look to it, like "I was climbing Mt. Everest without oxygen and got a black eye".
I always loved awards cermonies in elementary.
No black eye, just the lighting plus the "smiling too hard" look :)Although I do agree with the rugged and daring look comment.
Yeah for you Sarah, PTA President is a very big job, especially if you are working besides being a mother..Yeah for the kids to!
Post a Comment