The Jones Reunion is always a blast. Doug's mom and sister put so much work and effort into it, we appreciate it so much! They decorate, come up with teams, challenges, races, etc. It is GREAT! This year's theme was fiesta, so there was lots of spanish spoken, mexican food eaten, and traditions played out.
There were lots of flowers in bloom, especially lots of sego lillies (perfect for the celebration of the 24th of July!)
The kids had lots of fun playing together. They especially loved anytime they could catch a ride on the 4-wheelers.We all had to check in, see what team we were on and do the Mexican Hat Dance. We wore sombreros, shook maracas and danced away.
Gettin' our groove thang goin'
Olivia and Grandpa. They love to tease each other!We ran the race around the island (Bill's Island, in Island Park, ID). Doug came in 4th....and I'm not sure what place I came in, I just know it was 3rd from last. We played our challenges and I think the team order was....yellow 1st (because they cheat! Doug and Ryker were on this team) green 2nd (because we're good. Olivia and I were on this team) red 3rd (Grace was on this team) and orange 4th. It's amazing how competitive we can get.

This was the view of all the people taking off in front of me. We walked the whole 2.1 miles around the island.
Challenge time!We relaxed, did water sports (although the boat never got put in and the jet skis weren't working part of the time). The weather was good during the day and cooled off at night, even giving us some showers.

An attempt to put a new battery in the jet ski, it did not work :(
Grace eating her mini chili pepper pinata that Brittany helped her make.
Pinata time! One of 3 that the kids took FOREVER trying to break apart. These pinatas were tough!
The remnants from the first broken pinata. Should we take a stick to his head? Ha.ha. Love you, babe!

An attempt to put a new battery in the jet ski, it did not work :(
Grace eating her mini chili pepper pinata that Brittany helped her make.
Pinata time! One of 3 that the kids took FOREVER trying to break apart. These pinatas were tough!
The remnants from the first broken pinata. Should we take a stick to his head? Ha.ha. Love you, babe!It's great seeing and connecting with family you don't see as often as you would like.


2 comments:
I LOVE your new blog look!! Your family reunion looked like so much fun, you really know how to party!
Can I be in your family? That is a pretty amazing reunion!
Post a Comment