Friday was free day at Red Butte Gardens, so we decided to take advantage of it. I just about forgot about it until about 3:30 p.m., so I hurried and gathered the kids up and we took off for the gardens, after we picked up Ryker from Drake's house and got around all the road blocks trying to get onto I-80.
It wasn't as busy as I thought it might be, thank goodness. We walked into the building and out the back door and the kids immediately saw other kids wading in the fountain and rolling down the hill. So, I had to promise them on the way out they could do that. We chose a path and followed it around. We saw the herb garden and fragrance garden (they both smelled wonderful!) The kids were in awe of all the different plants and flowers, it was neat to see them so interested.
We then went into a "wild" place where the trees bent over to make a tunnel and there might be snakes and other critters. The path was dirt and led to some water. We decided to be adventurous and follow it until we couldn't anymore with the stroller. The kids saw the water and we turned back, and thank heaven Grace didn't see any snakes, as she was clinging to me for dear life at one point.
We then went to the pond and fed the fish and a few ducks. Then, of course, two of the six had to use the restroom. So we headed back toward the visitor's center, admiring all of the lovely flowers along the way. Then the kids were begging to roll down the hill and wade in the water. I'm just glad it was semi-warm. It was great fun, although we didn't see a great deal of the gardens. I wouldn't mind going back, maybe for a date night or something.


2 comments:
Hi Sarah,
Hope you dont mind me checking out your blog. We were just kind of looking around to see if anyone we knew had one, and we came across yours.
I wish we would have known about Free day at Red Butte Gardens. I love it there! Feel free to check out my blog also.
not at all, go ahead and add me.
Post a Comment