Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Las Vegas Supercross Finals










Our first weekend away without all of the kids in almost 7 years! It was heavenly! Funny thing is, we stayed out way too late and ended up more tired than before. Oh well, we had fun. Doug has met up with his motocross buddies every year for a few years now to see the supercross finals in Las Vegas. This year I decided to tag along, mostly because one of his other good friends decided to take his fiance along, too. I had heard a lot about these boys, some I had never met before because they live all over the country.

We flew in on Friday morning. We hooked up with his buddies and decided to do some go kart racing. It was fun! I tried to keep up with them, but they all race motocross and let me tell ya, they did more than just a little bit of bumping! I didn't dare go around them for fear of getting bumped and turned around (it happened more than once to others). Friday night we ate at the Bellagio to celebrate Jim and Melanie's engagement, it was nice.

Saturday was the big supercross day. We woke up and got to Sam Boyd stadium around noon. We roamed the pits, watched the practices, and hung around until 7:00 when the real racing started. The main event came down between Chad Reed and Kevin Windham. We were really hoping Kevin could pull it off, but Chad won the race and the championship. I was a little disappointed, but the day was fun anyway. I wish they would bring the supercross back to Salt Lake.

Sunday we woke up and decided we should do some sight seeing. We went back to the Bellagio because we didn't get a chance to look at the gardens before. I love the gardens there, they are always so beautiful and imaginiative. We roamed around to some of the other casinos and then we came back home. Our kids did great. My sister was kind enough to take them for us, and it was even her birthday on Saturday. A big thank you to her!

No comments: