Friday, August 29, 2008

I survived Back to School Night!

I'm so glad it's over! It went really smoothly, and I didn't even get that nervous speaking in front of everyone at the PTA meeting. The entire board helped, they are so great! We got everything set up by 6:00. The dinner was a little late (but I'm not in charge of that, thank goodness!) So our meeting was set back a little bit. Our budget is approved, board introduced, I even got a couple of people interested in board positions. A couple came up to me afterwards and said they were interested in membership (for the wife) and president elect (for the husband). My jaw about dropped. They were going to think about it, I'll call them in a couple of days to follow up. That would be awesome to have a president elect! I know there are male PTA presidents out there, I just wonder how it will go, if you know what I mean. There weren't as many parents as I'd hoped there, but it still turned out pretty good. One thing checked off my list!

No comments: