Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Once upon a snowy day...

Lastnight as we were watching the election coverage, Ryker yelled out, "It's snowing!" I was a little bit shocked, with a tinge of excitement. I love the snow (but not the cold that goes along with it). We woke up this morning to a thin blanket of snow. The first thing Olivia did was try to put on her jacket and go outside. She was ready to play! I reminded her, to her disappointment, that we had to get ready for the day and take the kids to school. I told her that when we got home, she would be able to play in the snow. She agreed.


Throughout the day it snowed more and more and more...I couldn't believe all the snow! It's so beautiful. I love to see the trees heavy with snow, it seems so peaceful to me. Just as we were picking the kids up from school, blue sky started to peek through and the sun shone. We got home and Olivia wanted to play more. This is a picture of her playing in the first snow of the season.

1 comment:

Candice said...

We were listening to NPR during the storm, and they said, "by the way, because of all of the election coverage we failed to mention that there was a storm coming". Thank you for the notice.

It was beautiful. Not like a storm (as in eye of the storm, windy icy storm), but a gentle snow fall: that fell and fell and fell.