Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Proud to be an American

I am so glad the election is over. There are a few races that didn't turn out the way I wanted them to, but I am very thankful to live in America. It was truly an historic day...the first black man as President...the millions of voters....the ban on gay marriage. All is well.

Our founding fathers were so inspired, it brings me to tears just thinking about it. And when I think of our founding fathers, I think of the story of them coming to the St. George temple wanting their temple work done. They were truly men of God.

I have faith that all will turn out well. I respect and support the office of President of the United States, and in the election process. I loved McCain's concession speech, he was so humble and inspiring. I also loved Obama's acceptance speech. It was very inspiring and filled my soul with patriotism. I am truly proud to be an American.

No comments: