Sunday, January 18, 2009

GO UTES!

We went to the parade for the University of Utah Football team on Friday. We were decked out to blend in with the sea of red. It was a lot of fun. We were at the City and County Building (which was the end of the parade). Afterwards we were treated to football shaped sugar cookies and hot apple cider, which was very welcome, because it got COLD!

Grace was happy she got to see the cheerleaders.
Ryker is a football fan, through and through! I think we need to get him a red jacket. He does have a red coat, but he was too "tough" to wear it, ha.ha.

Olivia goes along for the ride. Thank goodness she's pretty easy going. Doug injured his finger the other day and got a red bandage, it blended in rather nicely don't you think?

I was impressed!

We tried to get some autographs after, but the players disappeared quickly. The next day Doug went up before the basketball game to where the football team was doing signatures. He got a helmet, football and apron with signatures on it. They are his new pride and joy (along with a Steelers football with signatures on it). The Utes did great this year, and we're happy to be along for the ride. GO UTES!






5 comments:

Unknown said...

Eric told me he saw you there! How fun! I didn't know you guys were such big fans. But Eric didn't mention the cheerleaders, they're always my favorite part of sporting events. I love watching them!

{Brittany} said...

Tim & Payton had a great time hanging out with you guys. I didn't know it was going to be an entire family event. We should have been there!! Go Utes!

Andrew said...

I did not know that you were such big Ute fans! I wish that I would have seen this post before I saw you in Stake Conference today(by the way, your talk was awesome).

Your pictures of the parade are wonderful. I was driving home from the Church Office Building, and I saw a sea of red, but did not realize what was going on. It looks so fun.

We are proud of the Utes and how they represented the West so well.

Go Utes!

Andrew said...

By the way, the last comment was Candice under Drew's signature.

Meg B said...

This season was so much fun! I hope next year is just as good- we will have to go to some games together next season. Hopefully Doug's hand isn't too bad- tell him to get well soon.