First of all, last weekend Doug spoke in the Sunday session of Stake Conference. He was awesome, and I am very proud of him. He is getting very comfortable speaking in front of large groups (I just hope nobody ever asks me to speak with him, ha.ha.). He is the High Councilman over baptisms and the mission leaders of the stake, so in essence, he's pretty much over our stake challenge this year. Our stake challenge is all about member missionary work and each ward has set a goal of so many baptisms. Our ward had a goal of 60 total (30 goes to a member of our Bishopbric, Brother Tapua). We are already behind 7 and January isn't even over. It seems a little daunting, but it's doable if everyone participates. I am really hoping to do our part. Doug did a great family home evening tonight concerning member missionary work. His nephew Dusty is serving a full time mission right now, so it's pretty fun to talk with Dusty about the whole missionary thing. Doug is pretty feels very strongly right now about missionary work, and it's great to see the inspiration he receives concerning his calling. It really strengthens my testimony.
Secondly, and a totally different subject, is a shout out to Doug's uncle Kent. He was just appointed state water engineer for the state of Utah. To read about it, click here. Congrats Kent, good work!
Steele's Music Tastes
6 months ago


2 comments:
Thats so awesome. Congratulations to him. It sounds like he is doing a good job. We miss you guys and all the fun we had. We need to come out some time and see everyone. I know that the times that he spoke in our ward I really enjoyed it. You can tell that he has a very strong testimony and a good spirit aroung him.
Definitely inspiring. I loved your husband's talk in Stake Conference.
Post a Comment