Sunday, February 22, 2009

Gracie had an eventful week...

First of all, she and Olivia went in for some dental work on Wednesday. Because Olivia is so young, and because Grace had a lot of work to do, they went into the surgical center. Poor kids have inherited their Dad's teeth (ha.ha.) Anyway, Grace was born with a weird kind of thing where she doesn't have some of her toenails and we found out when her teeth came in, that she had two teeth that fused together. Probably more info than you wanted to know, sorry. About a year or so ago, Grace chipped one of her front teeth on a sucker. I took her to the dentist and he did a little fix that lasted a while, until one of her cousins wacked her in the teeth with a bat. The "fix" came out and even did a little more damage. Fun stuff!


Anyway, we went to a new dentist, because I just didn't like what the other one was doing, and their office wasn't as kid friendly as I knew some others were. So the poor girl had to have her front teeth capped and her fused tooth removed. When she came out from having the dental work done, her teeth looked so sore, I felt so bad. They are healing nicely now and I'm getting use to the new look, although she is constantly playing with her new smile. She got a first time visit from the tooth fairy that night. She was a little nervous about that and wanted me to put the tooth underher pillow, just in case the tooth fairy came at that very moment. She did NOT want to see the tooth fairy.
Friday night I went to a movie with my sister. I came home to a quiet house, but that is not how the night had been. I walked in the door and Doug said, "Oh, by the way, Grace has a kernal of popcorn stuck in her ear, you may want to take her to urgent care." NICE! This was not the first time for this girl to stick things in parts of her body. When she was 2 or 3 she stuck peanuts up her nose. I called urgent care and they said it could wait until morning. Good, because I didn't feel like going out for medical attention right then. I was hoping that it would fall out on its own overnight, but no such luck. We went to the Dr. Saturday morning and they flushed it out with some water. She has vowed never again to stick anything in her ears or nose again.

4 comments:

Taylor Family said...

That is no fun. I am so sorry that she had to go through all that. I know what it feels like to always have to go to the dentist. I was born with to many teeth. Go figure. Anyways I am glad that things worked out for the best. Love you Gracie! Good luck!

Sarah MomE25 said...

Poor girl. I hate the dentist. Kids give us so many adventures, dont they? lol

Andrew said...

Thank you for making me feel so much better about the dog medicine incident. It is nice to know that sometimes popcorn gets stuck in ears, teeth get hit with baseball bats, and toenails just don't come.

What an amazingly hard week. You just do not know what others are going through...unless they blog about it. Thank you for the fun blog.

Love, Candice

Judy Andreason said...

Poor Gracie. I can relate to sticking things in ears or nose as I stuck some pansies up my nose when I was three. Never did anything like that again.