Monday, February 9, 2009

A Matter of Age

The other day I got my hair trimmed and the lady doing it was doing the usual chit chat. She asked what I did during the day, how many kids I had, how old they were...all of the standards. Then she said, "You don't look old enough to have a 7 year old." Doug thinks she was fishing for a bigger tip. I was a little flabergasted, and wondered if she was telling the truth :)

When I was a teenager I was always told that I looked older than my age, which at the time I thought was terrific. I use to be told that I looked younger than my age as I got a little older, but I haven't been told anything for a long time. I figured the age I look and my actual age were coming together. I mean, the years of little sleep and running after kids may be catching up to my 35 years. Oh well, it's all worth it!

3 comments:

Taylor Family said...

Thats to funny. I dont think that you look that old either. Btw the potty training is not going. Carrie

Annette said...

That wasn't a very nice thing for Doug to say, he should have said she is so right...you don't look old enough to have a seven year old. I don't think you look as old as you say you are. Whether they are fishing for bigger tips or what ever, it always makes my day when they say I don't look old enough who cares if they are telling the truth or not. We all need a little personal lift once in a while. Anyway you are beautiful

Candice said...

I wondered your age. I looked old for my age when I was 12 and then started looking younger and younger. I think that since Sarah was born I have aged significantly.

You look awesome. You are ageless.